[ros-dev] Registry and ObjectManager (was FreeLdr Part II)

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Wed Mar 9 20:45:37 CET 2005

Hi!
Casper Hornstrup wrote:
> I hope the parties involved don't take this personally, but I have to speak my mind
> about something I think we're doing terribly wrong and as a result is hurting the project.
>
> Basicly we have the following situation (and please correct me if I'm wrong).
> Hartmut spends some time examining the registry and object manager problems.
> Alex has partially rewritten the object manager to fix the problems, but can't
> get get further because he needs to wait for Thomas to finish his handle table
> implementation. Meanwhile, Thomas seems to be doing everything but finishing his
> handle table implementation. Alex keeps an increasing number of bugfixes (not only
> bugfixes for the object manager) on his private miscelanea branch and thus keeping
> these bugfixes away from 25 developers and whatever number of testers we have. The
> 25 developers and testers will have to live with these bugs until the branch is
> merged to trunk which appears to be several weeks away. Hartmut seems to be willing
> to fix the object manager and registry manager bugs on trunk, but if he now did, he
> would be duplicating work.
>
> If this is what has happened, then we should make sure it doesn't happen again so we
> don't waste our (very) limited resources. If this is not what happened then I apologise
> for wasting bandwidth on this mail.
>
> Casper

I do not think this is a wast of time. *Finally* getting good debug information from
problems I once had (remember the little lockup reports I've posted). Yeah, no one seemed
to understand why too. So, if this delays 0.2.6, I do not care. I just know when it does
make *tha cut* I will be very happy to have Reactos stable enough to soon become 0.3.0
alpha.

Oh, don't get me started on emulators, I found these little problems on real hardware.

8^|

James