[ros-dev] Boot Error

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Sun Mar 13 23:37:02 CET 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>It doesn't fix the problem. I can reproduce the problem in qemu. I'm
>booting from the install cd.

(ke/clock.c:80) KiInitializeSystemClock()
(ke/clock.c:99) Finished KiInitializeSystemClock()
(ex/handle.c:96) ExCreateHandleTable
(ex/handle.c:96) ExCreateHandleTable
(ex/timer.c:173) ExpInitializeTimerImplementation()
(ex/handle.c:85) ExpInitializeHandleTables

The reason is that ExCreateHandleTable() is called before
ExpInitializeHandleTables, and inserting the handle table into the list
fails because the list was not yet initialized. But for some reason it
appears to work fine for some systems even though it shouldn't. I'll try
to work out a solution.

Best Regards,
Thomas