[ros-dev] Vote: Allow 3rd-party distribution of ROS through XDCC Bot.

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 14:56:45 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another question is: can we really say limit people from
> redistributing ReactOS? I don't think that our license(s) prohibit
> this.
>
> Perhaps some guidelines for such people are all that is needed.

I think we should allow use of the name in limited situations. As another poster stated having a
"Dropline ReactOS" is not a bad thing provided that we setup standards on what has the right to be
called "ReactOS" and what does not. If anyone making or distributing a custom version of ReactOS
violates the standards we set forth then we have the right to refuse use of the name.

Thanks
Steven