[ros-dev] License

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Sun Mar 13 18:25:29 CET 2005

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

>Most of ReactOS is licensed under the GPL. The parts we share with Wine are
>LGPL.

Usurp feels there is confusion due to the fact there is an LGPL.txt and
not a GPL.txt

Whereas the GPL license is quoted on COPYING, this is perhaps not the
most clear representation.

1) Should we duplicate COPYING as "GPL.txt"?
    (we could change COPYING to read only "see the file GPL.txt for this
project's license, or something to that effect)

2) Should we:
    a) delete LGPL.txt
    b) move LGPL.txt to the subdirectories where it applies
    c) add a preamble to LGPL.txt explaining that it does not cover the
entire project.
    d) other?