[ros-dev] serial driver bug

Hervé Poussineau poussine at freesurf.fr
Wed Mar 16 18:48:09 CET 2005

Saveliy Tretiakov a écrit :
  > I have a second serial port, but COM4 is not created...

Filip gave me the reason on IRC:
"It's due to the root bus driver, that only enumerates the first
device... We need to get ACPI working in order to enumerate the serial
port."

I can't remove existing stuff for debug output and serial mouse support
because enumeration needs first to be corrected.

I've committed stuff more to share my existing work and have a save of
what I've done than to have a working serial driver in ReactOS.

Btw, current serial driver is only usable in very specific situations,
and I've disabled it in registry.

Hervé