[ros-dev] serial driver bug

Saveliy Tretiakov saveliyt at mail.ru
Fri Mar 18 19:33:33 CET 2005

> ReactOS MUST work on non-ACPI systems.
> On ACPI systems, ACPI will enumerate all your serial ports, even
> non-standard ones.
> On all systems (ACPI and non-ACPI), standard serial ports will be
> probed to test their existence.

I think, to correctly enumerate com ports  in this situation, you need
to remove enumeration
code from pnp routines. What do you think about creating something like
SerialEnumerateComPorts() routine
and call it from DriverEntry? If you are not working on this now, I can
try to implement it. The enumeration process
is described in "Enumerating Legacy COM Ports" article from DDK.