[ros-dev] free handle table entries

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Sat Mar 19 11:16:12 CET 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>currently the free handle entry list is a lifo list. This is not a good
>solution for process and thread ids because a id from a currently
>deleted process or thread is valid again after a very short time. I
>would like it to change the free list to a fifo list by using a double
>linked list. The u2 part of  an entry has enough room for a list entry
>instead an index.

Please don't, the executive handle table structures are public and
shouldn't be changed. Plus, the fifo list is index based, which means
there don't have to be special operations when duplicating/inheriting a
handle table, they can be copied without recalculation or anything. I'm
going to mark CIDs as invalid for a certain time instead of deletion,
which should fix the issues.

Best Regards,
Thomas