[ros-dev] Service Control Manager, Plug and Pray, SMB and RPC

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 22:31:08 CET 2005

Hi,
Am I correct in understanding we are going to need a real rpc implementation to correctly support
Plug and Play as well as Services, DCOM and SMB related stuff? I know the Wine DCOM and Service
Code does everything over named pipes on the local system but I assume we want to do things
"properly". Should we look at doing a mingw build of FreeDCE or the DEC-RPC? I am happy to try and
help import any code if it will help.

Thanks
Steven