[ros-dev] Service Control Manager, Plug and Pray, SMB and RPC

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 14:00:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

--- Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net> wrote:
> Part of the reason he's bringing this up is because I was asking what
> was necessary to get working before we could dynamically load drivers
> through SCM. I'm working on learning driver development, but want to do
> it in ReactOS.
>
> Anyways, these functions look most necessary...
>
> OpenSCManager
> CreateService
> ControlService
> OpenService
> CloseServiceHandle
> DeleteService
> QueryServiceStatus
> EnumServicesStatus

Yes those are most of the functions I need for CoLinux and the Windows Installer service. Wine has
a good bit of that implemented using a pipe for communitcation but I assume on Windows its all
LPC/RPC to support "net start servicename". Anyway if no one objects I will look at importing the
hackish Wine code and see if I can make it work.

Thanks
Steven