[ros-dev] feature request for (xml) build

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Mon Mar 28 14:01:34 CEST 2005

This is already implemented, but make is giving us a lot of trouble. The
semantics of the last modified time on non-FAT volumes (eg. NTFS and EXT2)
is to be updated once an entry within the directory is created or changed.
We have generated files depend on their parent directories so we can make
sure the parent directories exist before putting files in them. This,
unfortunately, causes spurious rebuilding of targets and even looping during
build. I have patched make to always use the creation time instead of the
last modified time for directories. This works, but it will unfortunately
require a custom make unless we can find another solution.

Casper