[ros-dev] feature request for (xml) build
ch at csh-consult.dk
Mon Mar 28 14:58:34 CEST 2005
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ros-dev-bounces at reactos.com [mailto:ros-dev-bounces at reactos.com] On Behalf Of Casper
> Sent: 28. marts 2005 13:41
> To: 'ReactOS Development List'
> Subject: RE: [ros-dev] feature request for (xml) build
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: art yerkes [mailto:ayerkes at speakeasy.net]
> > Sent: 28. marts 2005 14:07
> > To: ReactOS Development List
> > Cc: ch at csh-consult.dk
> > Subject: Re: [ros-dev] feature request for (xml) build
> > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:01:34 +0200
> > "Casper Hornstrup" <ch at csh-consult.dk> wrote:
> > > This is already implemented, but make is giving us a lot of trouble. The
> > > semantics of the last modified time on non-FAT volumes (eg. NTFS and EXT2)
> > > is to be updated once an entry within the directory is created or changed.
> > > We have generated files depend on their parent directories so we can make
> > > sure the parent directories exist before putting files in them. This,
> > > unfortunately, causes spurious rebuilding of targets and even looping during
> > > build. I have patched make to always use the creation time instead of the
> > > last modified time for directories. This works, but it will unfortunately
> > > require a custom make unless we can find another solution.
> > >
> > In my old bootstrap makefile I used a special target to make all directories
> > first. I think it's a reasonable solution.
> I don't like the consequence that you need to remember to do a "make directories"
> before a "make" after each "svn up". That doubles the number of steps to do after
> an update.
Actually, rbuild currently generates some files in the source directory. I'd like
for it to generate them in the intermediate output tree instead. To do that, rbuild
needs to create the directories, not make. This will mean that you would have to pass
the ROS_INTERMEDIATE and ROS_OUTPUT variables to rbuild instead of make. A consequence
of this is that you need to run rbuild to change ROS_INTERMEDIATE and ROS_OUTPUT
locations, but this is not a big problem IMHO.
More information about the Ros-dev