[ros-dev] Idea for NTFS replacement

Robert Köpferl rob at koepferl.de
Tue Mar 29 00:22:22 CEST 2005

I think there are already enough file systems around. And as one looks
some of them provide also very advanced features. I have an eye on an
JFS implementation for NT - it's just the usual that I dont find either
time or a starting point.
The security in NT comes from the object manager and the processes'
security tokens which are created by the security authority (which is
replacible, see Novel). Thus any FS which allws additional meta info is
suitable for us.
It's a bad idea to reinvent an own NTFS (and even name it so). Confusion
would be great.