[ros-dev] Idea for NTFS replacement

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 29 21:17:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:46:40 +0100
"Andrew \"Silver Blade\" Greenwood" <lists at silverblade.co.uk> wrote:

> Just to chime in here... Something I've thought about recently regarding
> file systems...
>
> I believe there was going to be an ext2 driver in ReactOS. Am I right in
> thinking that complications arise because of the different ways in which
> security is implemented for different operating systems?

It's correct to say that the security model wouldn't work on ext2 as it
sits, but that isn't why we have troble with it.  Our cache manager isn't
compatible enough for many filesystems to run at all.  Until we fix that
security is very low priority from my perspective.

--
Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will