[ros-dev] Idea for NTFS replacement

Robert Köpferl rob at koepferl.de
Thu Mar 31 00:50:48 CEST 2005

Since not so long time, also ext3 (2?) supports ACLs. They're (as you
tell) however build on different IDs. But this is a problem which also
occours between different linux installations. Until you strictly use
equal UIDs and GIDs. WinNT/ROS does also just use GIDs/UIDs. They're
however GUIDs.  Thus a simple workaround would be a flag for the SAM to
just use 16-bit IDs or an option to manually specify an ID.

BTW. GUIDs in NTLM are organized as
[32Bit-Domaincontrolerspecific][32-Bit User/GroupID with speciall bits]