[ros-dev] request for a grep tool expert

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Mon May 2 00:32:34 CEST 2005

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

>>From: Hartmut Birr
>>
>>I'm searching for a position in our kernel mode code, which
>>compares a variable with STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL. That does mean,
>>there is somewhere a '==' followed by 'STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL'
>>or 'STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL' followed by '=='.
>>

>io/pnpmgr.c function IopTraverseDeviceTree (line 736) is the only one I
>could find in ntoskrnl.
>
>Gé van Geldorp.

Thanks.
It seems I've searched for lib\kernel32\misc\nls.c. The 'Cmd.exe outputs
garbage' bug is triggered by rev 14866 ('namespc.c: change
STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL to STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_INVALID'). ObOpenObjectByName
should return STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND or
STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND and not STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_INVALID.

- Hartmut