Was: [ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [hbirr] 14988: - Guard the copying to the IOSB.

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Sun May 8 01:45:47 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> Once again, let me remind you that TCPIP is broken on trunk because
> your code does not return any sort of status to the caller.

I would like to hear, what exactly breaks tcpip. I've build rev 14860,
14861, 14963, 14964 and 15025 with and without optimisation. Some of the
optimized builds (rev 14861, 14963) does crash while booting. I see no
difference for the network working. I'm using a pc with a nic from dlink
with a realtek 8139 chipset. I'm using gge's setup, except that the sub
vendor is changed to dlink. I can start a ping from ros. It reports
always a timeout error. I see the LED's from the switch flashing. The
personal firewall of the target machine reports an incoming icmp packet
with an return address of 0.0.0.0.  So I do not see something, which
breaks networking or tcpip.

- Hartmut