[ros-dev] Can anybody commit this patch ?

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon May 9 13:27:08 CEST 2005

Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:

>Alex Ionescu wrote:
>

>>2) How you knew that the third member of that structure (or that it even
>>exists) is an ACCESS_MASK called AccessesToAudit.
>>

>If you know, why shouldn't he know?

I DON'T know. That's the point. It's impossible to guess something that
doesn't exist in the ntoskrnl.exe binary unless you have access to the
Windows Source Code; that's my point.

>From what I understand the entire
>structure is opaque, so my guess is that the names are just guessed,
>based on the obviously known layout.

The third member is not part of a known layout. It isn't referenced
ANYWHERE in the binary. You could spend your life reversing the entire
binary and only the first two members would appear.