[ros-dev] Security policy for FAT partition driver?

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 10:52:40 CEST 2005

--- "Murphy,  Ged (Bolton)" <MurphyG at cmpbatteries.co.uk> wrote:
> I think what Boaz was talking about here was is the fact that the Samba team
> (tridge) are talking about porting Samba to the Windows environment for ROS.
> My (limited) understanding of this is it would be a 'real' emulation of
> cifs/netbt, not samba running in a unix environment via POSIX.
>
> Speak to Steven Edwards or KJK for more info as they were talking to Tridge.

Short term Samba and Samba-Tng are going to be ported to Mingw so they can run on Windows and
ReactOS. Long term there does need to be a intigration plan. I think we can wrap smbd in a dummy
Server service but I have not done much research on the intigration part yet. Right now I just
want to get the damn things built and sharing files. Samba is a lot more besides just the
filesharing module.....Its ms-rpc, network printer spooling, wins and network winlogin/Active
Directory, etc.....

Thanks
Steven

Yahoo! Mail