[ros-dev] Security policy for FAT partition driver?

Robert Köpferl rob at koepferl.de
Fri May 13 20:09:39 CEST 2005

> Well, in short, in the (now free downloadable) SFU 3.5 there is a NIS
> bridge, which exposes accounts and groups to NIS compliant machines.
> After installing SFU, your credentials management console shows a tab
> with tipical UNIX/POSIX attributes and files have an attrribute tab with
> rwxrvxrvx... It seems that the design of IFS subsystem assumes a
> superset of every known fs available about 1990.

Hmmm, yea. That's basicly what I think of the wohle thing.
It should be possible for an IFS or another part to do a 1:1 or a 100:90
  mapping of rights and users <-> SIDs

In my opinion there'S nothing to it to limit the user-part of SIDs to
16-bit and cut out just that.

PS. My favorite is still JFS.
It has been prooved on OS/2 and OS/2 is our next relative. Its Src is
open(GPL) and it supports most of the features. Even reparse points can
be transparently implemented (EAs). I have nothing against s.o.
implementing NTFS, but I see many problems. So cut & off