[ros-dev] VOTE: Switch to Wine Debug System

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Sun May 15 18:50:38 CEST 2005

My vote is NO!

I'd like to keep the current debugging message system for the following
reasons:
1) Establishing a channel-based debug message system will flood the
developers with messages they don't need.

2) I cannot enable a message in a single place without hacks, like
turning a TRACE into a FIXME. Alternative: introduce TRACE1, FIXME1,
etc. which are always enabled. But this looks like the current system.

3) I don't like to make changes to the registry in order to change the
debug channel settings. How will I debug the boot process from a CD or
floppy disk?

Regards,
Eric