[ros-dev] New build system ready for trunk

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 19:52:13 CEST 2005

--- Casper Hornstrup <ch at csh-consult.dk> wrote:
> I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that helped make this possible - especially
> Royce Mitchell III, Ge van Geldorp,
> and Steven Edwards.

Heh no way man. I was too much of a ass so don't thank me.

I would just like to let everyone know that we are going to be breaking the external subsystems
and rosapps by switching to rbuild. My plan is to overhaul rosapps at somepoint to be fully
standalone. We can either make it use rbuild or use the rules.mak and helper.mk from the old
buildsystem and maybe duplicating some tools. I don't really care about compile times in rosapps
so I don't think it will be worth switching to rbuild but if someone wants to disagree I am not
going to fight over it.

Once we get rbuild in the trunk I would like to see if we can tight distcc and ccache in with it
as well for rbuild 2.0

Thanks
Steven