[ros-dev] Re: UI Coordinator Vote

mf mf at mufunyo.net
Sat May 21 15:35:32 CEST 2005

James Tabor wrote:
> Sorry Mf,
> I lost 6+ years of Ros email. So I must have lost it.
>
> Mf? okay who are you?

I am mf, also known as Mindflyer, not to be confused with Martin Fuchs.
I have gotten interested in ReactOS, and am currently replacing various
icons. For instance, when you checkout latest SVN, the "My Computer"
icon is one of my creations. I also hang out on IRC and on the forums.
I've dealt with my share of open source projects in the past, so I think
I have some authorization to say that I know what I'm doing :).

> I know there are allot of GDI functions not support yet with Ros, so
> is this "team leader" going to setup a list of things we need to do to
> get GDI up to date? OpenGL and so on? Basically we are talking about
> the gui right? Win32k.sys and all.

Alas, it is less technical than you think. The interface team will
basically be controlling how things will look on the outside, which
button goes where, what keystroke generates what reaction, etc. It's all
a bit more on the "Human interfacing" side of development, something
most programmers haven't eaten much cheese of (excuse the dutch
expression). Basically, we'd be deciding how things look, act, and
react(OS! - sigh, too lame pun). The technical side will also be
addressed, but I think if you're looking for a list of missing GDI
functions and such, you're better off asking someone in the dev team
instead :).

> B^/ Sun is too bright today

It is here too,
mf.