[ros-dev] Fwd: [ros-web] Re: Interface Team

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Sun May 22 09:13:34 CEST 2005

I think that scheme looks very nice, I would like to see different
categories including:
    Productivity
    File Sharing
    Networking
    Multimedia
    Games and Entertainment
    Programming
    Servers
    Media
    Utilities
    Updates

I think that the current scheme is great don't get me wrong, but I have a
comment about the interface. If ReactOS plans to be an implementation of the
Windows NT Kernel and Environment why not have an implementation of
mshta.exe. Mshta.exe is the underlying process by which Windows knows what
is installed and where to locate those files. If the Software Library could
use a compatible or unique language like it ReactOS would be that much
closer to the Windows Implementation it intends to be.

I also wonder about if ReactOS should start a server release, because
Windows 2000 Servers and 2003 servers also have a different way of dealing
with servers and services run on the local machine.

Just a though.