[ros-dev] APIC support on uniprocessor machines

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Tue May 24 04:41:19 CEST 2005

Hi All,
This may not be related to a problem I'm having. I can not load cromwell
uhci driver. Ne2000 does load but unable to ping anything out side the box.
Both share irq 0xb or 11. I noticed we have apic and ioapic in 'mp'. How hard
would it be to port them over to 'up' for supporting uniprocessor. I could
try but the group mood ATM is fairly poor. Other words I would not like to
piss off anyone.

Using APIC would fix interrupt sharing problems and expand Ros to a higher
OS level.

Thanks,
James

ps I did disable hive loading for the ne2000 but since the board is still in
the box, I guess it's causing problems.