[ros-dev] Fwd: Status update and voting

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 13:32:42 CEST 2005

Hi Jason,

--- Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vizzini has officially stepped down from the kernel coordinator
> position. It's a pity that legalities and the nature of his business
> have put him in this position. I've expressed our thanks for his input
> and contributions to the project to Vizzini.

Thats sad to hear. We hope to see you again soon Vizzini.

> The kernel coordinator position will be up for vote for nominiated
> candidates. This will only happen after the UI team has settled.

Can we go ahead and start the nomination process and discussion now? There are a few people
that would be nice to see in this role, Filip, Hartmut, Alex, James, Hpoussin, Art, did I forget
anyone else? I would like to hear from each of them on if they would even want the job?

I am leaning towards Alex currently for my nomination because he has the most time to focus on the
kernel and has shown a lot of initiative though I don't always agree with his development and
research methods so someone else could get my nomination and or vote.

> In case you're wondering, the project coordinator position, which I've
> been sitting on for around 7/8 years now, will also be up for vote in
> the near future. This will only happen once we've nailed down a
> constitution for the project (and no, I'm not leaving the project,
> just opening things up).

Well lets get moving. Not that I want to see you gone or anything =) but your
we do need to move forward with this and I need to get some real business plans
together for the foundation stuff. BTW I am taking vacation for the next few days
from my day job and one of the things on my TODO list is to talk to the Legal people
about the trademark stuff again.

Thanks
Steven