[ros-dev] Fwd: Status update and voting

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 15:09:04 CEST 2005

Hi Royce,

--- Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net> wrote:
> I don't think anybody would agree to me taking it on, my ability to
> contribute seems to come and go, and we need somebody who's going to be
> around more often than not.

Thats the only reason I didn't put your name on my list, not because of any lack for faith in your
ability and leadership.

My leaning still goes to Alex for his knowledge on the kernel. He and I have discussed what I view
to be attitude and professionalism (which I think we can agree most of us on IRC lack sometimes)
that the Kernel Cordinator needs to have. Because of the voting system we have some have also
suggested just not having a KC but I don't really think this is a good idea because sometimes we
need a point person to send patches to, direct media and new developer questions, and settle
disputes that cannot be fixed via voting.

Thanks
Steven