[ros-dev] Portal Site (A little long)

Jason Filby jason.filby at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:47:55 CEST 2005

Hi Rick

The ros-web list is probably the best place to post this, or at least cc.

The current plan for the web is to:
1) Redesign the look (Mikko's mock-up will likely be used, thanks
Brandon for converting to HTML)
2) Largely move to a Wiki based system except for specialized apps
(eg. Bugzilla for issues)

The wiki is an uncomplicated and scalable solution which should be
fine for our purposes. There's also a move towards software already
written to reduce maintenance.

Specialized apps still have a place (eg. the update queue - which is
actually being worked on as the Package Manager).

Regards
Jason