[ros-dev] More RBuild issues...

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun May 29 11:52:43 CEST 2005

Casper Hornstrup wrote:

> [...]
I did not break anything, I merely fixed what was already broken. You
merged a crippled build system which could not build optimizations,
which is something we've done for ages. And I wasted my developer time
to fix that. I've already told you that I cannot boot the DBG = 1 build
either, so it has nothing to do with optimizations.

If anyone has the right to be annoyed, it's the developers, who since
yesterday, have been:

1) Fixing rbuild bugs (unrelated to optimizations)
2) Unable to boot ROS
3) Fixing GCC 4.0 bugs.

I know a minority have these issues, but a minority had GDB bugs too
when I broke it. And I took responsability for that. You can't outright
REMOVE features and then say "well Alex, it's your fault for adding them
back!".

Let's not mention the fact that almost all my release features have been
outright removed from rbuild, as if my work on them didn't even matter.