[ros-dev] More RBuild issues...

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Sun May 29 22:21:16 CEST 2005

Why do I need to use DBG=1? If developers and testers use DBG=1, who will
test DBG=0?

People seem to not have a problem allocating 3-4 GB of disk space for their
Linux system. Why complain over 30MB? After 6 years of looking up symbols in
map files, I'm pretty tired of it and now ReactOS can translate the addresses
for me. Why would I want to run addr2line for every address? Why would I want
to force testers to look them up? Why wouldn't I want ReactOS to submit a
bug report containing a stack trace with translated symbols to a mailing list
when ReactOS has network capability? The rsym section can be NOLOAD so there
is no memory bloat.

Casper