[ros-dev] More RBuild issues...

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Sun May 29 22:55:13 CEST 2005

> From: Casper Hornstrup
>
> The rsym section can be NOLOAD so there is no memory bloat.

It's already NOLOAD... What I do see as a potential problem is that the
symbols are loaded into non-paged pool. This is because they're needed
during a bug check, at which time we can't page them back in (or read them
from the image file).

How about introducing a boot option /LOADSYMBOLS, defaulting to YES for DBG
:= 1 and NO for DBG := 0? That way, a user having a reproducible problem can
be instructed to add that option so we can have a good stack trace. Maybe
reporterror can load the symbols when needed? Just tossing around some ideas
here.

Ge van Geldorp.