[ros-dev] Re: [ros-diffs] [ea] 18199: - add copyright notice

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 3 02:58:35 CEST 2005

Steven Edwards wrote:

>Hello,
>
>--- Thomas Weidenmueller <w3seek at reactos.com> wrote:
>

>>Alex Ionescu wrote:
>>

>>>It is a long overdue janitorial task to remove all the per-file
>>>copyright headers, adding more won't help ;)
>>>

>>Huh, did I miss something? From what I know, it is highly recommended to
>>have a copyright/license notice in every single file.
>>

>You cannot remove the license headers. This would be a violation of the law and make tracking the
>changes even harder. The only thing we can do is standardise on the headers we use.
>
>Thanks
>Steven

Hi Steven,

Did I miss something? You and I are the original two people that worked
on this idea and generated the standard ReactOS header, after which I
asked someone to replace it all over the ntoskrnl and other places
except wine-libs (he gave up after the kernel though). At the time you
clearly indicated that having
COPYRIGHT: See COPYING file in top-level directory. and
PROGRAMMERS: Foo, Bar, Bez

was sufficient and would make standard headers easier and significantly
reduce disk/bandwidth costs.