[ros-dev] ReactOS UI Team - Concept, Plan, and: help wanted

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Oct 6 22:48:23 CEST 2005

I agree with MF. I think the UI is inconsistent, but with some work
it could be modified. I think that "explorer" should look something
like Windows XP glitzed up ui, however may i suggest taking parts
from firefox or something to create Javascript type collapsable
panels like that of XP's explorer. Of course this could be turned
off. I think that another feature could be incorporated into
something like this... XML-based right-pane context menus. The
context menus would be based off of XML files either embedded within
explorer or in a subfolder in C:\reactos. These XML files would
contain macros for quick tasks. Example:

<ContextMenu>
     <Action trigger="click">
         <Command execute="Explorer.Copy.FolderOrFile.getCurrentFile">

Of course there would be many commands and contexts, but this would
allow users to define XML style macros. Call it something like
AppleScript

Rick Langschultz
rlangschultz at cox.net (Home)
rlangschultz at ellemaespa.com (Work)