[ros-dev] RE: 18273: create some start menu entries for notepad, regedit and winefile

Martin Fuchs fuchs.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:33:46 CEST 2005

> Do we really need/want the winefile link on the desktop? Especially since it
> is also present in the start menu now. If I recall correctly, the Command
> Prompt was put on the desktop 'cause at the time it was the only viable way
> to start programs, I think maybe even the Command Prompt link could go from
> the desktop now.

If you want, you can comment out the two desktop shell links. The
start menu may be seen as enough. But I think the desktop is big
enough to hold some convenient shortcuts. Just another thing, where
there is no "correct way" per definition. Personally I never
understood why MS removed all icons but the recycle bin from the
default desktop in XP.

Regards,

     Martin