[ros-dev] FreeWin95

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Wed Oct 12 00:24:28 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Emanuele Aliberti wrote:
>

>> The two opposite directions the CSR can turn for are:
>> - be a process totally bound to the Windows personality
>

> Which it's -supposed- to be. CSR is W32SS.
>
>> - be a general purpose process, a facility for any kind of personality
>

> Other personalities don't need CSR! They have PSX and OS2 and VMS and
> etc...

Makes sense.

But maybe each subsystem have much in common and EA wants to separate
this out so it can be reused? Like a common subsystem library? I see no
problem with this either as long as its not bound to a particular
subsystem. So if i understand this correctly both your (EA & Alex)
designs can coexist, as long as its not bound to csrss.

G.