[ros-dev] Idea for the textual setup of ReactOS

Maarten Bosma maarten.paul at bosma.de
Fri Oct 14 16:55:08 CEST 2005

David Hinz wrote:

> I can't see your problem with the directory names.
> I would boot up the ReactOS LiveCD, which would have a fullscreen
> graphic setup instead of the explorer GUI.
> So we don't need to implement the graphic subsystem into the setup, we
> just need to create a fullscreen setup app.
> Of course I don't want to replace the LiveCD with this, so I don't see
> any problems.

This is allready how setup works but it does not replace the shell
(explorer.exe) but smss.exe (Session Manager)
so it is more low level. I guess that we get much better performace and
memory usage that way.  I also have to
say that I think the installer is the least importained thing in the OS.

Maarten Bosma