[ros-dev] Idea for the textual setup of ReactOS

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 14 17:10:03 CEST 2005

Bernd Blaauw wrote:

> David Hinz schreef:
>
>> Well, I had this idea some days ago, but until now nobody really
>> liked my idea to create a graphical setup on the base of LiveCD...
>
> Nobody talked about installing from the LiveCD yet. Actually that's
> impossible currently, due to memory constraints and directory troubles.

I was the one which originally came up with this idea among the
developers almost a year ago, then Steven came up with it too, and it
was given more serious thought. It's a very serious thought, since it
would help us possibly debug more setup-related problems, as using the
Win32 API is easier and more debugable.