[ros-dev] FreeWin95

Robert Köpferl rob at koepferl.de
Fri Oct 14 21:19:39 CEST 2005

Phillip Susi wrote:

> I would think so too, but the fact remains that win32k already appeared
> to have window stations in place specifically for the purpose of
> supporting multiple consoles ( be they physical or virtual ), so I can
> see no good reason to go through the trouble of hacking up the kernel to
> be able to load a driver multiple times.  Unless you know of a good
> reason, then ReactOS should not make that same mistake.
>
> One good technical reason NOT to use session space is that the pages
> therein can't be marked with the global page bit, so they must be
> flushed from the TLB on every context switch.  Then the page tables
> themselves take up more memory, though a relatively small amount.

The one reason I gave me as answer was that on a TS-environment,
everyone has it's own DOSDevices-namespace.

and I think there are even more parts of the object manager namespace
duplicated and separated. But will this need several csrss?
Neiter that nor win32k. It needs a hack to the win32 API

OR
Start csrss with another alternative \DosDevices OM-Path as start
parameter to make the whole win32 api behave different. GetDriveLetters etc.