[ros-dev] OK, Time for a few words..

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:25:58 CEST 2005

I've seen quite a few users propose ideas, such as a new GUI, or new
functionality, only to be told it doesn't fit in with the Core Goal of
ReactOS.

ReactOS is all about creating a Win32-compatible Operating System.
Now, later on, when the Kernel is sufficiently developed, we can do
what Linux does, and create "Distributions".

I had a look at the KDE/Ros Thread, and noted that a version of that,
and GNOME may well be available for Windows next year.

If the UI Team chooses to Grow, you can offer, for example mind you, a
Core ReactOS System, with Windows Classic, and one or more
"Distributions", with a different GUI, such as KDE or GNOME.

Same goes for ReactOS in different 'roles'. Offering versions aimed at
Workstations, Servers, or even for Educational/Testing use, would be
feasible down the line.

Just my 0.02c

--
"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"