[ros-dev] Release process

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Mon Oct 17 05:39:38 CEST 2005

James Marjie wrote:

> Casper Hornstrup wrote:
>
>> Where is the mailing list thread of the TC vote?
>>
>> I can only find the UI Coordinator voting thread.
>>
>> Casper
>>

> Casper,
>     Below is the link to the message from Steven that looks to be the
> first about the TC. The thread is entitled Blockers. There may be more
> messages about the subject lying around thou'.
>

> James Marjie
>
> http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ros-dev/2005-July/004245.html

Having looked at these messages, I remember seeing them.

However, no actual vote was instituted that I can see. Steven merely
asked for thoughts.

Some ppl chimed in as thought it were already a vote, which is okay (
it's never a problem to advertise your position prematurely ), but the
"comments" just kinda faded off and it wasn't picked back up again.

As is the case with most situations, it boils down to a lack of
communication ( maybe we need a communication coordinator :P ). Then,
being as we're all programmers, our egos flare up ( I'm guilty of this
too ) and we start throwing stones because someone accidentally stepped
on our toes.

The long and short of it is that there was an informal near concencus,
Casper had some concerns about how and where to document the issues
Steven was raising, but apparently everybody was too busy to follow this
through, so the ball was dropped.

Hopefully we can move on now.