[ros-dev] Constitution

Murphy, Ged (Bolton) MurphyG at cmpbatteries.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 11:44:39 CEST 2005

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

> > [CSH] We haven't done secret elections before. I could go
> > either way. If it's secret then you put a lot of power into
> > one person, the person that collects the votes (most likely
> > the Project Secretary). What procedure would you suggest?
>
> No, we haven't done this before, and I didn't like it...
> How about the Project Secretary nominates a neutral vote counter (can be
> anyone, Registered or Unregistered, including the Project Secretary
himself)
> which all the candidates have to affirm? Can be done in private emails
> between Project Secretary and candidates. That should ensure the
neutrality.

Another quick point to say that using the voting facility on the board would
remove the issue of giving a 'project secretary' power in a secret vote. The
software would control that ..... And software doesn't lie or cheat  :)

In the way the phpbb forums voting works, each voter will only ever be able
to make 1 vote, even if they have multiple usernames, as only 1 of those
usernames will be in the 'developer' group.

You can even go as far as making the forum hidden from everyone not in the
developer group ..... Although I think this is wrong, and should be read
only to everyone else.

Ged.