suggestion to close (was Re: [ros-dev] Prelude to voting for the Testing Coordinator Roles andResponsibilities.)

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Mon Oct 17 14:31:45 CEST 2005

Here's a combination of various suggestions to hopefully begin to close
this matter:

1) Go with Gé's suggestion and rename our candidates to x.x.x-FF and
x.x.x-CF respectively.

2) TC has no power to block FF - doesn't make sense to do so.

3) TC has power to block CF, subject to be overruled by a vote should a
majority feel it is not critical enough.

4) No matter which way we enter CF, it takes an informal vote on the ML
to drop back to FF for major discovered bugs - but any single developer
can request and be granted a formal vote.

Andrew, would you still be willing to run for TC and continue the
absolutely fantastic work you've done there given these, assuming
everybody would agree to them?