[ros-dev] Endianness

Bart Grantham bart-rosdev at bartgrantham.com
Mon Oct 17 23:08:52 CEST 2005

Sorry to barge onto the list with what may be an offtopic post, but I am
very curious about how married ReactOS is to little-endianness.  Is
there something intrinsic about how Windows is architected that would
prevent ReactOS from being ported to a big-endian platform?  I noticed
that the inital work on the PPC port was done with the CPU in
little-endian mode.  Was this for convenience or was this a technical
decision?

Definitely not an important topic but if someone could satisfy my
curiousity, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Bart