[ros-dev] TC function description: opening discussion prior to vote

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Tue Oct 25 23:17:28 CEST 2005

There was some confusion and disagreement about the Testing Coordinator
function description recently. The best way to solve it seems to be a vote.
With the new voting procedure established and 0.2.8 (almost) out the door,
this seems a good time to start the voting process. Our (draft) constitution
calls for a 5 day discussion period, followed by a 5 day voting period. This
email starts the 5 day discussion period. Preferred location for the
discussion is the ros-dev mailing list, since all developers have easy
access to that. At the end of the discussion, I'll post a call for votes to
the mailing list and create the vote on the forum.

We have two proposals for the TC function description, A and B. A is the
original function description. Proposal B is almost the same, the only
difference is that the TC does not have the authority to block a release.

This is the motion I would like to vote on:

"Do you want to:
A) set the function description for the TC role as described in
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/ReactOS_Testing_Coordinator or
B) set the function description for the TC role as described in
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/ReactOS_Testing_Coordinator_Alternate"

Gé van Geldorp.