[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [gedmurphy] 18814: - start of a rewrite for ipconfig

Tim Jobling tjob800 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:44:26 CEST 2005

>> Whilst I applaud your efforts in tidying and advancing
>> ipconfig.c, I must
>> say that I think it is bad form to remove the previously
>> named authors from
>> the header and replace with only your own name.
>> Kind regards,
>> Tim Jobling.
> Who was on it before me?
> I stripped it down and started again.
> Ged.

Both Robert Dickenson and myself.  I guess the confusion has arisen from
what I consider the semantics of the word 'rewrite' is.  It looked to me, as
if you had reformatted and factorised and made a lot of good code changes
but still used the original file as your starting point.  Maybe I'm
mistaken, or perhaps my definition of rewrite is to strict.

Having said that, I am pleased to see that someone is working in this area
of the networking apps, please do keep up the good work.