[ros-dev] New WS2.2 Binary

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 29 20:47:21 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Thanks for everyone that tested the previous Winsock 2.2 binary and for
your reports. Since last week, I've done a lot of bug fixing and
implemented new features, and this should reduce the number of crashes
you might have seen. As always, please follow the same testing procedure
as described in the last email (create a .local file for the .exe and
copy the dll in the same directory). I am highly interested in the
following apps: Opera, Mozilla, Outlook, P2P Applications, Bittorrent.

Changelog:
- Made stubs return error instead of success, so calling apps don't crash
- Implemented blocking hook/callbacks, which were required for
cancelling Async requests and WS1.1 functionality.
- Rewrote QuerySetA<->QuerySetW conversion functions as not to
overwrite, corrupt the heap and properly convert all the time.
- Implemented getprotobyname/getprotobyaddr
- Fixed 4 infinite loops which were hit in some cases.
- Fixed cleanup on WSACleanup
- Fixed SOL_PROTOINFO_A support in getsockopt
- Added support for restarting lookup if WSASocketW fails with special
error code
- Fixed WSALookupService* functions to handle failuers with the right
error codes
- Added registry notifications for live catalog changes monitoring
- Added code to write to the registry if entries are missing
- Added RAS Auto-dial helper implementation, still incomplete.