[ros-dev] New WS2.2 Binary
ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 30 03:45:43 CET 2005
I recently noticed a large regression in this release which made it
almost unusable in most applications. I apologize for the oversight, and
I've included a fixed binary, which also fixes some name resolution bugs.
Date: 10:20:46 PM, October 29, 2005
- Fix regression in getxyent which made all requests get overwritten and
- Re-export getaddrinfo/getnameinfo, since many XP apps have them
hard-coded and removing them actually causes more problems.
Date: 10:08:12 PM, October 29, 2005
- Don't enter the startup lock in a loop. Fixes regressions with all apps.
- Don't export getnameinfo/getaddrinfo, since they contain bugs: this
way, the apps will use their internal replacement code.
Date: 8:38:40 PM, October 29, 2005
- Major fixes in getxbyxx.c:
* Allocate bigger buffer in case our estimate RNR_BUFFER_SIZE is not
* Update and fix GUID names and usage
* Rename some variables and reformat a bit
* Add RAS Auto-dial call in gethostbyname
* Use WsSockHeap instead of LocalAlloc/Free
* Update gethostbyname to try the call again in case the first time
failed, but this time without supplying a name.
Date: 8:11:32 PM, October 29, 2005
- Enable full debugging for now
- Fix typo in WSNoteSuccessfulHostentLookup
- Support RAS-Autodial in gethostbyname
Date: 5:39:10 PM, October 29, 2005
- Make sure the hash table is valid before attempting to lookup (fixes
issue when given socket -1)
Date: 5:25:18 PM, October 29, 2005
- Support RAS-Autodial restart in connect()
Date: 3:15:58 PM, October 29, 2005
- Implement CopyQuerySetW helper to create a copy of a Query Set by
using the existing convesion functions.
- Actually implement caching in LookupServiceBegin in case of RAS Auto-dial
- Simplify LookupServiceBegin to use a goto error instead of repetitive
Date: 3:06:22 PM, October 29, 2005
- Update NSQUERY to support restarting.
- Add RAS Auto-dial call to LookupServiceNext to support restart.
Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Hi All,
> Thanks for everyone that tested the previous Winsock 2.2 binary and
> for your reports. Since last week, I've done a lot of bug fixing and
> implemented new features, and this should reduce the number of crashes
> you might have seen. As always, please follow the same testing
> procedure as described in the last email (create a .local file for the
> .exe and copy the dll in the same directory). I am highly interested
> in the following apps: Opera, Mozilla, Outlook, P2P Applications,
> - Made stubs return error instead of success, so calling apps don't crash
> - Implemented blocking hook/callbacks, which were required for
> cancelling Async requests and WS1.1 functionality.
> - Rewrote QuerySetA<->QuerySetW conversion functions as not to
> overwrite, corrupt the heap and properly convert all the time.
> - Implemented getprotobyname/getprotobyaddr
> - Fixed 4 infinite loops which were hit in some cases.
> - Fixed cleanup on WSACleanup
> - Fixed SOL_PROTOINFO_A support in getsockopt
> - Added support for restarting lookup if WSASocketW fails with special
> error code
> - Fixed WSALookupService* functions to handle failuers with the right
> error codes
> - Added registry notifications for live catalog changes monitoring
> - Added code to write to the registry if entries are missing
> - Added RAS Auto-dial helper implementation, still incomplete.
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 26944 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.reactos.org/pipermail/ros-dev/attachments/20051030/f3defe8c/WS2_32-0001.bin
More information about the Ros-dev