[ros-dev] New WS2.2 Binary

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 30 03:45:43 CET 2005

Hello again,

I recently noticed a large regression in this release which made it
almost unusable in most applications. I apologize for the oversight, and
I've included a fixed binary, which also fixes some name resolution bugs.

Changelog:

Revision: 24
Date: 10:20:46 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Fix regression in getxyent which made all requests get overwritten and
fail.
- Re-export getaddrinfo/getnameinfo, since many XP apps have them
hard-coded and removing them actually causes more problems.
----

Revision: 23
Date: 10:08:12 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Don't enter the startup lock in a loop. Fixes regressions with all apps.
- Don't export getnameinfo/getaddrinfo, since they contain bugs: this
way, the apps will use their internal replacement code.
----

Revision: 22
Date: 8:38:40 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Major fixes in getxbyxx.c:
   * Allocate bigger buffer in case our estimate RNR_BUFFER_SIZE is not
big enough.
   * Update and fix GUID names and usage
   * Rename some variables and reformat a bit
   * Add RAS Auto-dial call in gethostbyname
   * Use WsSockHeap instead of LocalAlloc/Free
   * Update gethostbyname to try the call again in case the first time
failed, but this time without supplying a name.
----

Revision: 21
Date: 8:11:32 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Enable full debugging for now
- Fix typo in WSNoteSuccessfulHostentLookup
- Support RAS-Autodial in gethostbyname
----

Revision: 20
Date: 5:39:10 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Make sure the hash table is valid before attempting to lookup (fixes
issue when given socket -1)
----

Revision: 19