[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [gdalsnes]18113:-reorderInsertXscendingOrder macro argument order and update uses

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Wed Sep 28 22:44:11 CEST 2005

>> Yes. Hiding it _is_ the point.
>

> You've just proven yourself what's wrong with flow control macros. Do
> you really think that in the sorry state in which Win32K is, it really
> needs macros to HIDE what's going on? When we can't even show a font
> properly with -O2? When we still have random graphics corruption? When
> we.. (I could go on for ages).

I can't see how the poor state of win32k has anything to do with it.
Returning from a function isnt exactly rocket science, and the amount of
code and logic hidden is minimal.

>> Readability is what its all about.
>

> Readability != Hiding code.

readability: writing (print or handwriting) that can be easily read.

Im pretty sure its easier to read something if its less to read. By your
definition, asm would give total readability;-P

Not directly related, but moving some repeated code into a function is
"hiding" code, and it makes the code more readable, reuseable and
maintainable.

G.