[ros-dev] Optimization Proposal

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Wed Jan 4 14:51:02 CET 2006

> From: Murphy, Ged (Bolton)
>
> > Royce Mitchell III wrote
> >
> > How are you source-level debugging ros?
>
> Probably using Insight, that's what I use when building with mingw.
> I don't know assembly well enough to even consider it.

Yup, using Insight (the cygwin GUI for gdb), which connects over a null
modem to the GDB stub in ntoskrnl. I'm using a slightly-modified version,
since the official one insists that when doing a stack backtrace the frame
pointer should increase for each stack frame (which is correct generally but
breaks when you're backtracing from the kernelmode stack back into the
usermode stack). Also the official version has a problem with hardware
watchpoints.

GvG