[ros-dev] [ion] 20554: - Fix shamefully dangerously broken WorkThread/Queue/Item implementation:

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 5 05:38:04 CET 2006

Alex Buell wrote:

>Personally ReactOS will crash if I move the mouse after booting. This
>needs fixing asap.
>
>Also, I bit the bullet and upgraded my binutils, now cmpxhg8b will
>compile in fastinterlck_asm.S. But it's still wrong and doesn't feel
>right somehow.

The previous interlck_asm.S contained:

.global @ExfInterlockedCompareExchange64 at 12
@ExfInterlockedCompareExchange64 at 12:
	<...>
	movl 4(%edx),%edx
	LOCK
	cmpxchg8b (%esi)
	<...>

Which is the same as what is in it now... how did your binutils manage to compile it? If it did, then it's simply a bug
in binutils and at one point we have to draw the line at how many buggy releases of compilers and linkers we want to
support.