[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ion] 20580: - New ERESOURCE implementation: fixes the return value of some functions (VOID vs NTSTATUS, USHORT vs ULONG), as well as optimized the code loops and general structure of the code. Additionnaly, functions do not simply call other functions with similar names; the exact implementation of each function has now been properly separated (see the DDK for more information on this) to have the most optimized scenarios.

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 5 23:21:20 CET 2006

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>I'm using a modified make.exe which can start multiple threads. I used
>the parameter '-j2' on both machines. Possible, it makes more stress for
>the ERESOURCE implementation.
>
>- Hartmut

Am currently checking the wait bug at the moment, so I haven't looked at
the resource code, but one thing strikes me -- the bugcheck is a new one
that I've added to detect with a non-acquired resource is being freed.
This check did not exist in the previous code(IIRC), so it's possible
that my implementation is fine, it's simply detecting incorrect usage.
Can you check Vfat and make sure that it actually DOES own the resource?